Happy New Year! My Big News for 2015 is that I have a new office location! My company has moved to 160 E. Adams St, Ste B-1 right next to Ember restaurant. I am now just half a block off of Main St and on the main floor. I hope you get a chance to see my new home away from home. I expect the renovations to be done and to be settled in about January 19th. I look forward to seeing you!
Total Sales for Summit County: Summit County sales are up 9% for 2014 over 2013. October was our strongest sales month, followed closely by September. Average prices for 2014 are up about 4% from the average prices of 2013. Give me a call if you want to know what is going on in your neighborhood specifically. In 2014, 44% of Summit County sales were in the Breckenridge area, and 43% of buyers are from the front range, 25% are locals, and 31% are out of state buyers.
Based on the last list price of the properties sold January through December 2014…..
- $200,000 to $400,000 is ALWAYS the hottest part of the market with 617 properties sold.
- $400,000 to $600,000 saw 405 solds.
- $600,000 to $800,000 saw 218 solds.
- $800,000 to $1,000,000 saw 103 solds.
- $1,000,000 to $2,000,000 saw 128 solds.
- $2,000,000 to $3,000,000 saw 23 solds.
- And there were 6 properties that sold for over $3m, with the highest sale being $3,640,593.
One of my favorite stats to review is the number of sales per year since 2004. Our market continues to improve (anything is better than 2009).
- 2004 —2492 solds
- 2005 —2470 solds
- 2006 —2495 solds
- 2007 —2146 solds
- 2008 —1214 solds
- 2009 — 917 solds (ouch)
- 2010 —1005 solds
- 2011 —1117 solds
- 2012 —1319 solds
- 2013 —1527 solds
- 2014 —1682 solds still a little slower than the period from 2004 to 2007.
Single Family Sales: The number of Single Family home sales is down 4% in 2014 over 2013. The average sales price has gone up 9% in 2014 over 2013.
Condo and Multi Family Sales: Condo/ Multi Family sales are up 16% 2014 over 2013. The average sales price has increased about 7% in 2014 over 2013. Condo/multi family is the bulk of our market, so this is a great trend!